Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ann Arbor Visit - Day 1 & 2


This post is dedicated to Jocelyn who somehow manages to find the time to keep her blog up-to-date, raise a beautiful, little girl and work full-time.

After a tiring red-eye flight into Detroit I took a nostalgic tour of Ann Arbor. I stirred up the memories driving past 1011 Vaughn, Sgt. Pepper's (which isn't Sgt. Pepper's anymore), and the Zet (sp? and which also isn't the Zet anymore). I continued up and down Church St. and to Joint Co-op. This was my neighborhood for about 3 years.

With a stomach full of falafel and lentil soup from Jerusalem Gardens, I strolled along Liberty Street to State to East U. It amazed how much smaller this stretch of campus seemed to me now.

I worked my way to Heavenly Metal in Kerrytown and surprised Vicki and Lucy with a visit.

With lots of daylight left I was able to follow Gwen and Jocelyn on a tour of their beautiful property. Gwen kept us highly entertained with her photography skills! Jocelyn showed me their massive garden plot and new trails.



Kevin arrived the next day and after he took a quick nap we ate lunch at Pizza House. It's no longer a house but rather a 2 story brick building! Same menu though and I ordered a chipati, well, actually a chipopeye. I gave Kevin a quick tour of Ann Arbor, even dropping by the stadium which was closed due to construction.

We then took a leisurely stroll through the Arb.
Everything was so lusciously green! Kevin was weary from the red-eye flight, we found a bench by the river to relax.



Afterwards we went to Dominick's where Jocelyn and Gwen met us. It's always a favorite destination and was fun to taste the sangria again! Also, having Gwen and Kevin there made it a new experience. We all finished the night with dinner at Zingerman's Roadhouse with Jacob.

1 comment:

Jocelyn Edin said...

Awe. You are very sweet Marissa. Hope you can keep this fresh; I will be one of your biggest bloggies :) Loved seeing you. Visit anytime!